We all deserve a bit of ‘me time’ now and again and treating yourself and your skin to a regular facial isn’t only relaxing, but it has health benefits too.
- Facials slow the aging process by reducing fine lines and age spots by increasing collagen production to prevent sagging and wrinkles.
- Facials allow your skin to become smoother and more radiant; giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Facials reduce puffiness underneath the skin, aiding detoxification.
- Facials boost the circulation of blood flow under the skin to help skin cell renewal.
- Facials also relieve stress and with less stress, your skin will have a healthier, brighter look.
Your overall health is reflected in your skin, so if you have dry, tired, dull skin you may need a pick-me-up or a serious wind down.
Little extras you can do to help your skin are:
- ALWAYS take your make-up off before bed and avoid cleansing wipes, use gentle eye make-up remover, a good cleanser and a moisturiser tailored to your skin type.
- Wear SPF every day. Whether it’s in a moisturiser, foundation or sun cream; the sun can cause damage to your skin even on a cloudy day.
- Avoid very hot baths; this can dry your skin and wash away natural oils if you’re in the tub for too long. If you start to look like a prune, you’ve been in too long!
If you watch what you eat or are very active, look after your skin too and you’ll see the hard work you put into your healthy regime in no time.
For more advice or a free skin analysis, get in touch or pop into the clinic